Hi, I am a Research Scientist at the Agriculture Victoria Research, Victoria, Australia, investigating the impact of pests and diseases on food crops. In summary, my research and interest covers: insect, plant and pathogens interactions, epidemiology, insect and plant physiology and host plant resistance to insects
My main focus is to better understand plant-insect-pathogen interactions that contributes to the development of novel control strategies against pests and diseases of many economically important crops. I am also interested in abiotic factors including climate change, which can influence the persistence of pests and diseases in food crops and the landscape.
My areas of research are:
- Insect’s host-plant selection (volatiles and intracellular level)
- Hemipteran-plant interactions
- Plant traits identification, essential/inhibiting insect pests establishment and persistence. Vital aspect in plant breeding for resistance to insects and diseases.
- In plants, resistance locations and mechanisms (on extra and intracellular levels)
- Plant-pathogen-vector-environment interactions and climate change (elevated temperatures and carbon dioxide )
- Pathogen transmission/acquisition, mechanisms and efficiency
- Disease epidemiology